Evolution Woes and yum magic
I`m an oldschool guy .. I still love pop3(s) to get my mails locally and read them with my fat email client. Evolution.
So when gmail breaks their pop/imap infra I`m screwed for a while. I hate reading mail from a web gui and the collapsed threading model gmail uses makes me nauseus.
So I fiddled with my config .. disabled it.. deleted the account.. created it again. But even after gmail was up again . I couldn't access my mail from my favourite client. Yet from other clients it seemed to work.
This obviously is real fun when you are travelling and trying to keep an eye on a number of different email threads ..
So I`m back home from Paris now and spend some 10 minutes figuring out what could be wrong.
I ran into https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=949180 which points out that for newly created there is a problem with the keyring prompting
And refers to https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=953641 accounts Which states that gcr-3.6.2-3 breaks password prompt/keyring unlocks.
And indeed ..
- yum shell
- Loaded plugins: langpacks, presto, ps, puppetverify, refresh-packagekit
- > remove gcr
- > install gcr-3.6.2-1.fc18
- adobe-linux-x86_64 | 951 B 00:00
- fedora/18/x86_64/metalink | 31 kB 00:00
- google-chrome | 951 B 00:00
- google-earth | 951 B 00:00
- google-talkplugin | 951 B 00:00
- rpmfusion-free-updates | 3.3 kB 00:00
- rpmfusion-nonfree-updates | 3.3 kB 00:00
- updates/18/x86_64/metalink | 24 kB 00:00
- rpmfusion-free-updates/primary_db | 279 kB 00:01
- > run
- --> Running transaction check
- ---> Package gcr.x86_64 0:3.6.2-1.fc18 will be installed
- ---> Package gcr.x86_64 0:3.6.2-3.fc18 will be erased
- --> Finished Dependency Resolution
- Package Arch Version Repository Size
- gcr x86_64 3.6.2-1.fc18 fedora 627 k
- gcr x86_64 3.6.2-3.fc18 @updates 2.3 M
- Transaction Summary
- Install 1 Package
- Remove 1 Package
- Total download size: 627 k
- Is this ok [y/N]: y
- Downloading Packages:
- gcr-3.6.2-1.fc18.x86_64.rpm | 627 kB 00:02
- Running Transaction Check
- Running Transaction Test
- Transaction Test Succeeded
- Running Transaction
- Installing : gcr-3.6.2-1.fc18.x86_64 1/2
- Cleanup : gcr-3.6.2-3.fc18.x86_64 2/2
- Verifying : gcr-3.6.2-1.fc18.x86_64 1/2
- Verifying : gcr-3.6.2-3.fc18.x86_64 2/2
- gcr.x86_64 0:3.6.2-3.fc18
- gcr.x86_64 0:3.6.2-1.fc18
- Finished Transaction
- > quit
- > Leaving Shell
Solved the problem